Notes on Gift Aid

  1. If your declaration covers donations you may make in the future:
    • please notify the charity if you change your name or address while the declaration is still in force
    • you can cancel the declaration at any time by notifying the charity - it will then not apply to donations you make on or after the date of cancellation or such later date as you specify.

  2. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the tax year (currently 29p for each £1 you give).

  3. If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains tax equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you can cancel your declaration (see note 1).

  4. If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in your Self Assessment tax return.

  5. If you are unsure whether your donations qualify for Gift Aid tax relief, ask the charity. Or you can ask your local tax office for leaflet IR113 Gift Aid.